§ 9 Official organs of the EAA
- General Assembly
- Executive Council and
§ 10 General Assembly
(2) The Assembly shall be summoned at least six weeks in advance. For the invitation the signature of one EAA officer is sufficient. The invitation shall contain the agenda.
(3) The members can request changes or modifications of the agenda within two weeks after the invitation in written form to the officers. The members have to be informed as soon as possible but at least 10 days before the General Assembly about the modified agenda.
(4) The decisions of the General Assembly will be documented in the minutes which will be drafted by the rapporteur and signed by the chairman and the secretary. The chairman of the General Assembly is the President or, in his absence, another member who has been elected by the General Assembly by simple majority. The rapporteur is the Secretary or another person who has been elected by the General Assembly by simplemajority vote.
(5) All regular and honorary members have one vote concerning all aspects of EAA. Eachsupporting member is entitled to delegate one representative with one vote for theGeneral Assembly.
(6) Election of officers and other members of the Executive Council can be by secret ballotor open vote, and in person or by internet. If necessary, elections can be held by electronic voting in-between General Assemblies, with a 4-week notice. Other issues shall be decided by open vote or by secret ballot, if decided by the Executive Council and a simple majority of the General Assembly. Every General Assembly properly summoned shall constitute a quorum regardless of the number of members present in person or by remote connection if a teleconference mode is necessary.
(7) The General Assembly shall at the meeting:
- Receive a report from the President and the Secretary concerning the activities ofEAA since the last General Assembly.
- Receive and endorse a report from the Treasurer and from the Auditors including astatement on the balances of the accounting years.
- Decide regarding discharge from liability of the officers for the respectiveaccounting years.
- Elect from the candidates the President, Secretary and Treasurer. Nominations forthe officers from among the Academicians, must have been received by the Secretary at least 6 weeks before the commencement of the General Assembly or election by electronic voting. The elections are based on majority votes. If in the first counting no candidate receives the majority, the candidate receiving most votes in the second round between the two top candidates shall be elected.
- Elect four members of the Executive Council with due regard to a geographical and scientific representation. Nominations are proposed before or at the General Assembly. Executive Council members are eligible for a second term.
- Determine potential financial compensation for the Officers and Executive Council members concerning their expenditure of time.
- Elect two auditors (not being officers or members of the Executive Council) who will present their reports at the following General Assembly.
- Vote on the bid(s) for the next European Congress of Andrology
- Consider other matters which arise from the objectives stated under §3.